Professional Headshot Photo Session (Members Only) Sold Out (Ended)
Date, Time, and Location:
Thursday, October 30, 2014 (add this event to your Outlook Calendar)
8:30:00 AM - 3:00 PM
CFA Society Chicago, 134 N LaSalle St, Suite 1740 Chicago, IL 60602 (Driving Directions)
Professional headshots are a great way to make your profile stand out, and are a visual representation of your personal brand. When we visit a person's social media page, our eyes naturally go to the photo. And more than just social media, these images appear on websites, marketing materials, brochures and more. Register for a time slot, and get a new professional portrait.
Note: Business professional attire. After the event, you will receive a link to an online gallery via email so you can choose your photo directly from the photographer.
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Chicago)
Attire: Business Professional
Registration: Online Only
Our goal is to help you take a photograph that makes you look your best; see below for some tips and suggestions of how to prepare.What to wear - Everyone:
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you look great.
- Make sure your jacket and shirt fit you well. A poor fitting jacket or shirt will be obvious in the photos.
- Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face).
- Clothes should be neatly pressed and should look new or like new.
- Avoid busy patterns and large lines/stripes.
- Blue/green/turquoise shirts/blouses or accents can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes.
- The standard business look is a suit jacket, dress shirt and tie.
- A casual business look is often a jacket and open dress shirt, shirt and tie (no jacket), or dress shirt on its own.
- Polo shirts are a good look for some businesses. Be sure the shirt is in good condition and fit well.
- For a no-jacket casual look, wear a colored shirt - ideally darker than your skin tone.
- A white dress shirt by itself is a bad idea - unless you plan to wear it underneath something (jacket or sweater).
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns.
- Different necklines will change the apparent shape of your face.
- For a no-jacket casual look, wear a colored blouse - ideally darker than your skin tone.
- Keep jewelry extremely simple - small is better.
- Avoid jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated.
- The picture is about your face not your jewelry.
- Make-up should be clean and natural; wear a heavy layer of translucent powder - your face will appear flawless in photos. Shine disappears, pores seem smaller, skin looks even, and blush is smoother.
- Line lips before applying matte lipstick, then reline. Don't overdo it. Dip a cotton bud in powder and run along lip line to prevent color from bleeding.
- Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle or shine.
- Don't get a new hair cut just before the shoot (you may want to let it grow-in a bit or get used to styling a new cut).
- Do not try/use any new product on your hair, face or body the day before or few days before your shoot. In case you have a bad reaction to the product.
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
A credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, Monday, October 27th. If you fail to cancel before the deadline and/or fail to attend the event you will be charged a $20 fee.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.