Scholarships for Candidates
Scholarships for the 2016 CFA Exams
CFA Society Chicago is pleased to present three scholarship opportunities for candidates planning to sit for the CFA Exams. Please read the award descriptions carefully as there are different criteria for each scholarship:
Kimberly Paige Memorial Study Scholarship (sponsored by CFA Society Chicago) - CFA Society Chicago Members-Only
This scholarship is awarded to deserving CFA Chicago members (currently enrolled in the CFA program) on the basis of need and high professional/academic achievement.
Kimberly Paige worked for CFA Institute from 2001 until her untimely death in 2007, at the age of 28. Ms. Paige graduated from University of Virginia (a recipient of a full academic merit scholarship) and immediately began her employment with the CFA Institute Centre for Financial Market Integrity. In 2005, Kimberly became the Society Relations Representative for the 16-society Midwest region and began her relationship with CFA Chicago leaders and staff. Her responsibilities included providing CFA Chicago with services to heighten awareness and utilization of resources available from CFA Institute. Kimberly was a true advocate for our members and candidates, as well as a constant source of support.
With the blessing of Kimberly's family, the CFA Chicago Board of Directors formally changed the name of our existing Study Scholarship to honor Kimberly's commitment to excellence.
Who is Eligible?
- CFA Society Chicago members only (must be a candidate enrolled for the next CFA exam).
What is the Award?
- 1 Kaplan Schweser prep-course package per level for each exam level (candidate chooses format: live, online or self-study CD).
What are the Requirements and Application Criteria?
- A current member (in good standing) of CFA Society Chicago;
- Not eligible for employer reimbursement for CFA study aids or commercial CFA review courses;
- Currently enrolled as a candidate for the June 2016 exam;
- Complete a scholarship application and required essay.
Download an application for the Kimberly Paige Study Scholarship for December 2016.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 14, 2016 AT 5 PM
Winners will be notified by July 21, 2016
2. CFA Exam Registration Scholarships (sponsored by CFA Society Chicago) - Open to All Candidates
This scholarship is awarded by CFA Chicago to deserving CFA Candidates.
Who is Eligible?
- All CFA Program Candidates (both CFA Chicago members and non-members);
- If applicant is an undergraduate student, applicant must be in their final year and scheduled to receive a Bachelor's degree (degree must be confirmed in writing to CFA Institute upon receipt before a candidate can progress to Level II)
Note: Immediate family members of CFA Chicago's officers, directors or employees are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
What is the Award?
- This scholarship will reimburse candidates up to $500 for CFA program enrollment fees and/or curriculum expenses. Proof of payment is required for reimbursement.
What are the Requirements and Criteria for applying?
- Qualify for exam registration as a CFA Candidate (must be a current candidate enrolled in the CFA program);
- Complete a scholarship application and 2 required essays;
- Experience and/or interest in the investment profession, ethical standards, and commitment to CFA Chicago and CFA Institute.
Download an application for the CFA Exam Registration Scholarship for December 2016.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY AUGUST 12, 2016 at 5 PM
Winners will be notified by Friday, August 19, 2016
3. CFA Institute Access Scholarships
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO CFA INSTITUTE (NOT CFA CHICAG0)
Access scholarship awards reduce CFA Program enrollment and exam registration fees to $250, including the CFA Program eBook. (Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs for substituting or adding the print option, including curriculum and shipping costs plus any applicable taxes and import duties.)
More about the Access Scholarships