Career Management: Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals (Members Only) (Ended)
Join us for our 8th Annual Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals event where you will learn industry insights from leading professionals in different areas of finance.
Engage in face-to-face interaction with top investment professionals in a small group setting. Learn how different sectors operate in a casual yet structured setting during three 30 minute rounds at pre-selected tables. This members-only program will begin with an overview on the interconnectedness of the industries within financial services, thus, providing insights on identifying your ideal job.
Featured table topics and hosts (subject to change) include:
- Business Development/Asset Management Sales: John Ide, CFA; J.P. Morgan
- Business Valuations: Paul Clark, CFA; Houlihan Capital
- Consultant Relations: Rebecca Smith, CFA; SouthernSun Asset Management
- Emerging Markets: Casey Preyss, CFA; William Blair
- Equity Analysis: Brian Langenberg, CFA; Langenberg & Co.
- Equity Portfolio Management: John F. Jostrand, CFA; William Blair
- Family Office: Stephanie Szymanski, CFA; Sawdust Investment Management Corporation
- Fixed Income/Bank Loan Trading: Bill O'Connor, CFA; Neuberger Berman
- Fixed Income/High Yield Research: Jared Feeney, CFA; Neuberger Berman
- Fixed Income/Portfolio Management: Eric Bergson, CFA; J.P. Morgan
- Hedge Funds: Krista McLeod, CFA; Silverpath Capital Management
- Investment Consulting/Manager Research: Nat Kellogg, CFA; Marquette Associates
- Private Equity: Gary Stark, CFA; Iron Range Capital Partners
- Real Estate: John Lindell; Heitman
- Wealth Management: Robert Conrardy, CFA; CTC | myCFO
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Chicago)
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Refreshments and light appetizers
Note: You must select a roundtable topic for each of the three sessions. Space is limited at each table and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that changes to the agenda occur, you will also be asked to supply alternate choices. See agenda below for further details.
4:30-5:00 pm: Registration/Networking
5:00-5:10 pm: Introductions and Overview
5:10-5:40 pm: First Roundtable Session
5:40-5:45 pm: Break/Switch tables
5:45-6:15 pm: Second Roundtable Session
6:15-6:20 pm: Break/Switch tables
6:20-6:50 pm: Third Roundtable Session
6:50-7:30 pm: Networking
Note: Each roundtable session (3 sessions in total) will last 30 minutes, followed by a 5 minute break in between sessions. Each participant will have an opportunity to pose their question(s) to the table's host. Topics could include: skills necessary to succeed, daily responsibilities, obstacles encountered in career, changes in the industry, etc.
Hosted by: Career Management Advisory Group
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, Feb.5. If guests fail to cancel before the deadline and/or fail to attend the event they will be charged a $20 fee.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.