Career Management: Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals (Members Only) (Ended)
Join us for our 7th Annual Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals event where you will learn industry insights from leading professionals in different areas of finance.
Date, Time, and Location:
Wed., Feb. 12, 2014
4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604
Engage in face-to-face interaction with top investment professionals in a small group setting. Learn how 14 different sectors operate in a casual yet structured setting during three 30 minute rounds at pre-selected tables. This members-only program will begin with an overview on the interconnectedness of the industries within financial services, thus, providing insights on identifying your ideal job.
Featured table topics and hosts (subject to change) include:
- Business Development/Asset Management Sales: Dan Welker, CFA; J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Business Valuation: Ted Frecka, CFA; Houlihan Capital
- Compliance: John Haworth, CFA; Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Consultant Relations: James White; William Blair
- Emerging Markets: Stephen Kusmierczak, CFA; Columbia Wanger Asset Management
- Equity Analysis: Adam Fleck, CFA; Morningstar
- Equity Portfolio Management: Kathy Buck, CFA; Fidelity Management & Research Company
- Family Office: Randy Bull, CFA; Mirador
- Fixed Income/Bank Loans: Chris Goergen, CFA; Allstate Investments
- Fixed Income/Credit Analysis: Craig Hutson, CFA; Loop Capital Markets
- Hedge Funds: Justin Sheperd, CFA; Aurora Investment Management L.L.C.
- Investment Consulting/Manager Research: Melissa Binder, CFA; The Marco Consulting Group
- Private Equity: Evan R. Gallinson; Merit Capital Partners
- Wealth Management: Julie Pully, CFA; BNY Mellon Wealth Management
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Chicago)
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Refreshments and light appetizers
Note: You must select a roundtable topic for each of the three sessions. Space is limited at each table and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that changes to the agenda occur, you will also be asked to supply alternate choices. See agenda below for further details.Agenda:
4:30-5:00 pm: Registration/Networking
5:00-5:10 pm: Introductions and Overview
5:10-5:40 pm: First Roundtable Session
5:40-5:45 pm: Break/Switch tables
5:45-6:15 pm: Second Roundtable Session
6:15-6:20 pm: Break/Switch tables
6:20-6:50 pm: Third Roundtable Session
6:50-7:30 pm: Networking
Note: Each roundtable session (3 sessions in total) will last 30 minutes, followed by a 5 minute break in between sessions. Each participant will have an opportunity to pose their question(s) to the table's host. Topics could include: skills necessary to succeed, daily responsibilities, obstacles encountered in career, changes in the industry, etc.
Hosted by: Career Management Advisory Group
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, Feb. 10. If guests fail to cancel before the deadline and/or fail to attend the event they will be charged a $20 fee.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.