Basics Of Investing - Six Week Course
Would your support staff be more productive and helpful if investment professionals taught them the "Basics of Investing?"
The Investment Analysts Society of Chicago is pleased to announce...
An updated version of its popular "Basics of Investing" course
October 12 - November 16, 2004
(The course will run for six consecutive Tuesdays)
2:30 - 4:45 PM
One N. Wacker Dr. - 2nd Floor Conference Center
- Stocks and Equity Markets (Salient Characteristics, Stock Issuance, Stock Trading, Indexes, Trading Costs, Margin Trading, Short Selling, Security Regulation)
- Bonds and Fixed Income Markets (Characteristics of Bonds, Types of Bonds, Calculating Present Value of Bonds, Yield to Maturity, Risks of Bonds, Duration)
- Mutual Funds and Investment Styles (Structure of Mutual Funds, Types of Mutual Funds, Investment Styles, Selecting Mutual Funds, Performance Evaluation, Costs)
- Economy and Interest Rates (Inflation, Interest Rates, Money Supply, Gross Domestic Product, Productivity, Demographics, Unemployment)
- Overview of Financial Statements and Financial Ratios (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Liquidity Ratios, Profitability Ratios, Asset Management Ratios, Valuation Ratios)
- Using Microsoft Excel for Financial and Statistical Analysis
- Investment assistants/analysts
- Sales, marketing and client-service personnel
- Trust administrators
- Personal bankers
- Other professionals supporting senior investment professionals
Total cost is $450 (i.e., only $75 per session)
Additional participants from the same organization will receive a discount of 25%. Please contact the IASC if you'd like to make multiple reservations.
Register online below, or call IASC at 312-360-0382.
Space is limited, so register early!
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.