Career Management: Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals (Members Only) (Ended)
Join us for our 6th Annual Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals event where you will learn industry insights from leading professionals in different areas of finance!
Date, Time, and Location:
Wed., Feb. 13, 2013
4:30pm - 7:30pm
Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL
Engage in face-to-face interaction with top investment professionals in a small group setting. Learn how 14 different sectors operate in a casual yet structured setting during three 30 minute rounds at pre-selected tables. This members-only program will begin with an overview on the interconnectedness of the industries within financial services, thus, providing insights on identifying your ideal job.
Featured table topics and hosts (subject to change) include:
- Corporate Venture Capital: Jeffrey Keene, CFA, CPA; Walgreens
- Emerging Markets: Chad Cleaver, CFA; Driehaus Capital Management, LLC
- Equities/Portfolio Management: Leo Harmon, CFA; Fiduciary Management Associates
- Family Office: Karen D. Neal, CFA; Family Office Exchange
- Fixed Income/Portfolio Management: Chris T. Vincent, CFA; Partner, William Blair & Company, LLC
- Fixed Income Research: Rick Tauber, CFA; Morningstar
- Fundamental Equity Analysis: Heather Brilliant, CFA; Morningstar
- Hedge Funds/Alternative Investing: Justin Sheperd; Aurora Investment Management
- Investment Consulting: Kelli Schrade, CAIA; Marquette Associates
- Private Equity: Craig Waslin,CFA; Adams Street Partners
- Real Assets: Harisha Haigh, CFA; Northwestern University
- Real Estate: David Watkins, CFA; Heitman
- Quantitative Analysis/Risk Management: Kevin Drucker, CFA; John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Wealth Management: Maura Murrihy, CFA; Northern Trust
Members - $10
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Light Appetizers and Refreshments
Register online below.
Note: You must select your roundtable topics for each of the three sessions upon registration for this event. Space is limited at each table and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that changes to the agenda occur, you will also be asked to supply alternate choices. See agenda below for further details.
4:30-5:00 pm: Registration/Networking
5:00-5:10 pm: Introductions and Overview
5:10-5:40 pm: First Roundtable Session (see table topics/hosts above)
5:40-5:45 pm: Break/Switch tables
5:45-6:15 pm: Second Roundtable Session (see table topics/hosts above)
6:15-6:20 pm: Break/Switch tables
6:20-6:50 pm: Third Roundtable Session (see table topics/hosts above)
6:50-7:30 pm: Informal Social Networking
Note: Each roundtable session (3 sessions in total) will last 30 minutes, followed by a 5 minute break in between sessions. Each participant will have an opportunity to pose their question(s) to the table's host. Topics could include: skills necessary to succeed, daily responsibilities, obstacles encountered in career, changes in the industry, etc.
Hosted by: Career Management Advisory Group
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, Feb. 8.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.