CFA Society of Chicago 2010 Annual Dinner (Ended)
Steven D. Levitt
- Bestselling author - FREAKONOMICS and SUPERFREAKONOMICS
- William B. Ogden Distinguished Service Professor of Economics - University of Chicago
- U.S. Economist - Recipient of the American Economic Association's prestigious John Bates Clark Medal
FREAKONOMICS: Unconventional Thinking for an Unpredictable Economy
Levitt talks about the importance of using unconventional thinking to address the pros and cons of your current business model and how to succeed as well as excel in the midst of the current economic crisis. He works with business audiences to apply his FREAKONOMICS approach (combining data, economic theory, and unorthodox thinking) to the business world and how this type of creative, out-of-the box thinking can help businesses shine in an unstable market. Described as a brilliant but uncomplicated man who uses simple questions to reach startling conclusions, this mild-mannered economist devises ways to measure an effect that veteran economists have declared un-measurable. Levitt shows audiences that economics (and ultimately business) is about incentives - how people can get what they want or need, especially when other people want or need the same thing.
The Hortense Friedman, CFA, Award for Excellence Recipient
Gary P. Brinson, CFA
Time, Date, and Location:
The Fairmont Hotel
200 N. Columbus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010
5:00 - 8:00 pm
Cocktail Reception - Open Bar: 5:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.
Program: 7:00 p.m.
Post Reception (Cash Bar): 8:00 p.m.
Complimentary trolleys to Ogilvie Station and Union Station: 8:15 p.m.
$100 per person prior to October 5
$125 per person after October 5
THANKS TO OUR ANNUAL DINNER SPONSORS (AS OF OCTOBER 6):
William Blair & Company
Capital IQ, A Standard & Poor's Business
Performance Trust Investment Advisors
FactSet Research Systems Inc.
Perkins Investment Management
Segall Bryant & Hamill
Stalla by Becker Professional Education
Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
Gimme Credit LLC
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
Our appreciation is also extended to the Bronze Level Sponsors for their support of the Annual Dinner.
Attention New Charterholders:
You and a guest are invited to attend the Annual Dinner at no charge courtesy of CFA Chicago.
In order to take advantage of this special offer, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a Regular member before you can be approved to receive your charter as a New Charterholder. CFA Institute must approve you as a New Charterholder by October 22. Contact CFA Institute with any questions about your status: 800-247-8132.
- Register for the event via fax/mail/phone.
- Provide your credit card information to guarantee your space and your guest's space.
- Cancellations accepted until 5pm, October 22. If you do not cancel and you do not attend, your credit card will be charged $100 no-show fee for you and $100 no-show fee for your guest.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.