Career Crossroads: A Showcase Of Opportunities (Members Only) (Ended)
Hosted by the CFA Society of Chicago
CFA Chicago is pleased to present a twist on the traditional "job fair". In addition to exhibits by Chicago's top investment firms, you will also be able to meet with representatives from local universities with specialized Master's degree programs. Whether you are looking for a new job or just curious to explore options, don't miss this exclusive (and FREE!) chance to meet and greet.
Cardinal Investment Advisors
DePaul University - Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
Ennis Knupp & Associates
Harris Bank/BMO Financial Group
Houlihan Smith & Company, Inc.
HQ Search, Inc.
Illinois Institute of Technology - Stuart School of Business
Marco Consulting Group
Robert W. Baird & Company
Spot Trading, LLC
University of Illinois Master of Science in Finance
William Blair & Company
SNACKS AND BEVERAGES PROVIDED BY:
University of Illinois Master of Science in Finance
Time, Date, and Location:
Friday, March 27th, 2009
The Standard Club
320 S. Plymouth Court
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Fee: Members - FREE
Note: Though there is no fee for Members to attend, you must provide a credit card to guarantee space. If you fail to cancel or fail to show, there will be a $10 charge.
This is a "Passport Program." Members of any local CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
Register online below, or by phone: 312-251-1301
We require a credit card guarantee for ALL reservations.
(Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted)
Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, March 26th. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins.
Attire is business casual
Departments/Lines of Business Represented by each Firm:
Cardinal Investment Advisors:
- Cardinal Investment Advisors, a small investment consulting firm located in downtown Chicago, is expanding and seeks qualified candidates for two positions: Consultant & Analyst. They specialize in servicing mid-sized insurance clients. Their process includes asset allocation and liability studies, manager and custodian searches, capital market research/education and investment performance analysis. Cardinal's philosophy is to attract and retain an experienced, hard-working and service-minded team of professionals by creating a collegial, team-oriented culture that fosters creativity and diversity of ideas. Recruiting for current openings and building awareness for the firm.
DePaul University - Kellstadt Graduate School of Business:
- Participating to recruit prospective graduate students for the following programs: M.B.A. degree with nearly 30 fields of concentration; 10 specialized Master's degree programs in areas such as accounting, finance, and taxation. All programs can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. Courses are taught on the downtown Loop campus, as well as at suburban campuses in Naperville, Rolling Meadows, and O'Hare. Rolling admissions process.
Ennis Knupp & Associates:
- Consulting and Legal/Compliance. Participating to hire for current openings, scout for future openings, and build awareness for the firm.
- All departments and lines of business. Fortis has a broad range of investment capabilities, managed across some 40 investment centers around the world, meaning it can offer solutions for all points of the market cycle and can meet virtually all client needs. Fortis has one of the widest and most diversified product ranges in their industry, with top-quartile products in many of the asset classes it manages. Specializations include: Equities: (Developed Equities and Emerging Equities); Fixed Income & Currency; and Alternatives & Solutions (Solutions, Manager Selections, and Global Credit and Hybrids). Scouting for future openings and building awareness for the firm.
Harris Bank/BMO Financial Group:
- All the Recruiting Specialists will be representing the entire organization, with potential opportunities in the following business groups within the company: Personal & Commercial; Private Client Group; BMO Capital Markets; Corporate Areas; and Technology & Operations. Participating to hire for current openings, scout for future openings, and build awareness for the firm.
Houlihan Smith & Company, Inc.:
- Recruiting for analyst interns, analysts, senior associates, and account executives to work within their Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Finance Division. Participating to hire for current openings, scout for future openings, and build awareness for the firm.
HQ Search, Inc.:
- Retained executive search firm specializing in financial services positions globally for clients in the following areas: alternative investments (hedge funds/trading, private equity/venture capital, real estate), banking, consulting, corporate, investment banking, and traditional money management niches. In addition to searches, interesting ancillary products include an annual financial services job forecast that for the past six years has been completely accurate in predicting key trends and job outlook in each financial niche; and a three-pronged Your Career Campaign™ that propels your career upwards by providing individuals with a custom designed resume, strategy, and contact list. Participating to build awareness for the firm and offer a new product to assist individuals with growing their careers in challenging times.
Illinois Institute of Technology - Stuart School of Business:
- Participating to recruit working professionals, current students, or job seekers in this industry for its Masters and Ph.D. degree programs. IIT offers a Masters of Business Administration, Masters in Finance, Masters in Mathematical Finance, Masters in Marketing Communication, Masters in Environmental Management and Sustainability, and a Ph.D. in Management Science.
Marco Consulting Group:
- Representing Marco Consulting, Inc. Recruiting for current openings; scouting for future openings and building awareness for the firm.
- Marquette Associates is an independent investment consulting firm that provides advice for institutional investors on the management and oversight of their investment programs. The firm's clients represent a wide range of investor types and portfolio sizes. Each client works directly with senior consultants within the organization. In addition, each client is assigned a team of consultants and analysts who bring their combined knowledge and experience to each relationship. Participating to scout for future openings and build awareness for the firm.
- Northern Trust Global Investments and Corporate and Institutional Services. Northern Trust is a leading provider of asset servicing & asset management to institutional clients worldwide. Their business is segmented by market, to ensure deep client understanding and appropriate servicing. Their worldwide client base includes private pensions (corporations), public pensions (local governments), multinational pensions, investment managers, insurance companies, foundations, endowments, healthcare organizations, monetary authorities/central banks, and supranational organizations. Their North American offices are located in Chicago, Stamford, CT and West Palm Beach, FL. Scouting for future openings in 2009 and building awareness for the firm.
Robert W. Baird & Company:
- Equity Research department with major locations in Milwaukee and Chicago. Scouting for future openings and building awareness for the firm.
Spot Trading, LLC:
- Equity Research team and Financial Analysis/Business Analyst group. Spot Trading is a smart, technology-focused option trading firm that believes success is more than looking for opportunities. It's about creating them. They understand option pricing and analytics, but also have the experience and infrastructure to maintain a fundamental understanding of the equity markets. They excel at both the art-the fundamental analysis-and the science-the quantitative analysis-of trading. Recruiting for current openings; scouting for future openings, and building awareness for the firm.
University of Illinois Master of Science in Finance:
- Participating to hire for current openings (adjunct or visiting faculty); promoting current students for hiring companies; recruiting prospective graduate students. Established in 1958, the Illinois MSF is among the longest running programs of its type in the world. The curriculum, which can be completed after 12 months of rigorous, full-time study, is taught by internationally recognized finance faculty and provides an opportunity to study with an International peer group at one of the premier, public research institutions in the world. Whether your interest is in investments, corporate finance, banking, insurance or real estate, the ILLINOIS MSF Program offers the opportunity to investigate any of these areas at length.
William Blair & Company:
- Representing all divisions, however, specific areas that have openings include Wealth Management. Recruiting for current openings; scouting for future openings, and building awareness for the firm.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.