Industry Roundtables (Members Only) (Ended)
Join us for our Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals event where you will learn industry insights from leading professionals in different areas of finance.
This is your opportunity to join an in-depth discussion with leading investment professionals and engage in face-to-face interaction with colleagues in a small group setting. Learn how 10 different sectors in the investment industry operate in a casual yet structured setting during three, 30 minute rounds at pre-selected tables.
Featured table topics and hosts (subject to change) include:
- Consultant Relations: Jason Brandt, CAIA, Head of North America Consultant Relations, Global Client Group, AB
- Emerging Markets: Kevin Ross, CFA, Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Advisory Research
- Fixed Income - Analysis: Jose Pluto, CFA, Senior Vice President, Aegon Asset Management
- Fixed Income - Portfolio Management: Ronit Walny, CFA, Portfolio Manager, Neuberger Berman
- Manager Due Diligence: Samantha Grant, CFA, Senior Research Analyst, Marquette Associates
- Private Equity: Michael Sullivan, CFA, Associate, Kinzie Capital Partners
- Private Wealth Management: Emil Barci, CFA, Portfolio Manager, Northern Trust
- Quantitative Analysis: Janis Zvingelis, CFA, Senior Vice President, Director of Quantitative Research, Envestnet Asset Management
- Registered Investment Advisor: Robert Finley, CFA, CFP, Principal, Virtue Asset Management
- US Equity Strategy: Tom Digenan, CFA, Head of the US Intrinsic Value Equity Team, UBS Asset Management
Members - FREE
Student Members - FREE
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Society Chicago)
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Refreshments and light snacks
CFA Institute Qualified Activity: Eligible for 1.5 credit hours
Note: You must select a roundtable topic for each of the three sessions. Space is limited at each table and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that changes to the agenda occur, you will also be asked to supply alternate choices. See agenda below for further details.
4:30 - 5:00 pm: Registration/Networking
5:00 - 5:05 pm: Introductions and Overview
5:05 - 5:35 pm: First Roundtable Session
5:35 - 5:40 pm: Break/Switch tables
5:40 - 6:10 pm: Second Roundtable Session
6:10 - 6:15 pm: Break/Switch tables
6:15 - 6:45 pm: Third Roundtable Session
6:45 - 7:15 pm: Informal Networking
Note: Each roundtable session (3 sessions in total) will last 30 minutes, followed by a 5 minute break in between sessions. Each participant will have an opportunity to pose their question(s) to the table's host. Topics could include: skills necessary to succeed, daily responsibilities, obstacles encountered in career, changes in the industry, etc.
Hosted by: Professional Development Advisory Group
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, February 21. If guests fail to cancel before the deadline and/or fail to attend the event they will be charged a $20 fee.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Society Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
CFA Institute CE Qualified Activity
This program qualifies for credit under the guidelines for the CFA Institute Professional Development Program.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.