Industry Roundtables (Members Only) (Ended)
Join us for our 11th Annual Industry Roundtables for Investment Professionals event where you will learn industry insights from leading professionals in different areas of finance.
This is your opportunity to join an in-depth discussion with leading investment professionals and engage in face-to-face interaction with colleagues in a small group setting. Learn how 12 different sectors in the investment industry operate in a casual yet structured setting during three, 30 minute rounds at pre-selected tables. This is an exclusive members-only program that will begin with an overview on how financial services are connected within the industry and provide insights on identifying your ideal job.
Featured table topics and hosts (subject to change) include:
- Asset Management Sales - Dan Jarema, Senior RIA Consultant, OppenheimerFunds
- Credit Analysis at a Rating Agency - Basili Alukos, Assistant Vice President, Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC
- Emerging Markets - Kevin Ross, Portfolio Manager & Research Analyst, Advisory Research
- Equity Analysis - Asset Management - Matt Dmytryszyn, Principal & Senior Research Analyst, LaSalle Street Capital Management
- Equity Research/PM - Sell Side - Paul Newsome, Managing Director & Senior Insurance Analyst, Sandler O'Neill + Partners, L.P.
- Fixed Income Research/PM - Buy Side - Dave Worniak, Second Vice President & Senior Research Analyst, Northern Trust Asset Management
- Hedge Funds - Patrick Konicki, Fundamental Credit Analyst, Magnetar Capital
- Investment Consulting - Anthony Novaro, CFA, DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.
- Manager Due Diligence - Christian Reel, Analyst, Albourne
- Portfolio Construction and Asset Allocation for Insurance Companies - Daniel Busiel, Head of Allstate Investment's Portfolio Management Group
- Quantitative Options Trading - Saumin Shah, Trader, Global Quantitative Strategy, Citadel LLC
- Wealth Management - Bradley Bass, Private Wealth Advisor & Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
Members - FREE
Student-Members - FREE
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Society Chicago)
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Refreshments and light snacks
Note: You must select a roundtable topic for each of the three sessions. Space is limited at each table and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that changes to the agenda occur, you will also be asked to supply alternate choices. See agenda below for further details.Agenda:
4:30-5:00 pm: Registration/Networking
5:00-5:05 pm: Introductions and Overview
5:05-5:35 pm: First Roundtable Session
5:35-5:40 pm: Break/Switch tables
5:40-6:10 pm: Second Roundtable Session
6:10-6:15 pm: Break/Switch tables
6:15-6:45 pm: Third Roundtable Session
6:45-7:15 pm: Informal Networking
Note: Each roundtable session (3 sessions in total) will last 30 minutes, followed by a 5 minute break in between sessions. Each participant will have an opportunity to pose their question(s) to the table's host. Topics could include: skills necessary to succeed, daily responsibilities, obstacles encountered in career, changes in the industry, etc.
Hosted by: Professional Development Advisory Group
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, Feb. 24. If guests fail to cancel before the deadline and/or fail to attend the event they will be charged a $20 fee.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Society Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.