CFA Institute: 2016 Annual Financial Analysts Seminar (Ended)
Hosted with CFA Society Chicago
Date, Time, and Location:
Monday, July 18, 2016 (add this event to your Outlook Calendar)
July 18 - 21, 2016
Gleacher Center, University of Chicago, 450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611 (Driving Directions)
Join us for the 2016 Financial Analysts Seminar (FAS) on July 18 - 21, 2016 at the University of Chicago's Gleacher Center. Offering engaging lectures, discussions, and case studies, FAS 2016 is your opportunity to connect with top investors, researchers, and peers on the latest trends and thought leadership affecting global capital markets.
- Asset and Strategy Allocation. Acquire tools to facilitate the process of asset, strategy, and risk allocation for a range of asset classes, markets, and commodities.
- Risk Management. Adapt your investment decision-making process to better deal with uncertainty and risks.
- Macroeconomic Analysis. Discuss the effects of divergent central bank policies and fiscal challenges facing both developed and emerging economies.
- Policy and Politics. Examine the impact of policy and politics on global markets, particularly in a US presidential election year.
- Equity Investing. Discover where investors are finding the best values and growth opportunities in developed and emerging markets.
- Alternative Investments. Better evaluate the risk/reward characteristics of alternative strategies.
- Fixed-Income Management. Analyze current conditions in global credit markets and the implications for investing in fixed income and equity securities.
- Wealth Management. Interact with the recipients of the prestigious Graham and Dodd Award as they discuss their 2015 award-winning paper, "The Only Spending Rule You Will Ever Need.
George (Yiorgos) Allayannis; Edward I. Altman; Alain Bergeron, CFA; Andrew Brady, CFA; Stephen J. Brown; Thomas K. Brown; Ashvin B. Chhabra; Damien Conover, CFA; Marc Faber; Michael Falk, CFA; Adrian Helfert; Morgan Housel; David M. Jones; Lawrence E. Kochard, CFA; Fred Martin, CFA; Matthew R. McBrady; Marcelo Michaluá; Gina Marie N. Moore, CFA, Catherine Piez, CFA; Douglas R. Ramsey, CFA; Geoffrey Rubin; Laurence B. Siegel; Molly Simmons; Brian D. Singer, CFA; Jennifer Stevenson; Greg Valliere; M. Barton Waring; Leah Joy Zell, CFA. Full Bios
CFA Institute Members/CFA Program Candidates: US$2,995
CIPM Certificants/Candidates: US$2,995
Claritas Certificants/Candidates: US$2,995
Group: US$2,495 (three delegate minimum; additional discounts do not apply)
Register by 3 June and save US$500
CFA Society Chicago members can save $350 (Please check your email for the discount code).
CFA Institute Qualified Activity: 26.5 credit hours, inclusive of 4.5 hours in the content areas of Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER)
Attire: Casual attire
Your Registration Fee Includes: Continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, lunch, a networking reception, the opportunity to meet with investment colleagues and speakers from around the world, post-conference access to presentation materials online, and a notebook containing extensive conference materials.
Cancellation Policy: A cancellation fee of US$250 applies for all cancellations made after 11 July 2016. No refunds will be issued for any cancellations received within 24 hours of program start. Substitutions from the same company are accepted with fee adjustment, if appropriate. Sharing of registrations is not permitted.
For corporate groups, if a cancellation brings a group's delegate count below three and a substitute is not available, regular rates will apply to the remaining delegates and all cancellation fees and deadlines above will be applicable.
Hotel Information: CFA Institute has arranged for a special group rate at the InterContinental Chicago. Reservations should be made directly with the hotel. You must refer to the "CFA Institute group" when contacting the hotel, and reservations should be made by Wednesday, 15 June 2016 to take advantage of the discounted rate. The CFA Institute rate at the InterContinental Chicago is US$239, subject to availability.
505 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Tel: +1 (312) 944 4100 or +1 800 628 2112
Special Needs: Please contact CFA Institute for services to accommodate a disability or to inform CFA Institute of any dietary restrictions. (Please include this information when you register for the conference.)
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.